Landlord Quick Tip

Tip #64: Get it Together

by Thomas F. Scanlon, CPA, CFP®.

landlord helpLandlords should be gathering the information they need to complete IRS Form 1099 now.

If they hire any unincorporated business and pay them more than $600 they are required to issue a 1099.

This could be for lawn service, snow removal, repairs and maintenance.



Thomas F. Scanlon, CPA, CFP®. is with Borgida & Company, P.C., Certified Public Accountants in Manchester, Connecticut, celebrating 44 years of tax, advisory and accounting services. Call 860.646.2465 for more.

See last week’s Landlord Quick Tip.

Do you have a quick tip to share with other landlords? If so, please email our editor at [email protected].

American Apartment Owners Association offers discounts on products and services for landlordsrelated to your rental housing investment, including rental forms, tenant debt collection, tenant background checks, insurance and financing. Find out more at

To subscribe to our blog, click here.