AAOA is committed to providing our customers with the utmost privacy and security. We abide by all industry guidelines and consistently monitor our management and operating methods in order to maintain our valued reputation and integrity.
AAOA will collect, store, and use personally identifiable information only in compliance with applicable law, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
In order to ensure security and protection of collected information, all of our employees are aware of our security policy and practices. Web security is constantly reviewed. Access to the information is limited and only obtained through code names and passwords. Any loss, misuse, or alteration of information is strictly prohibited. However, your email transmission and/or other communications containing personal information could be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties.
Consequently, while we go to great lengths to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private.
When you browse the Site, you do so anonymously. AAOA collects personally identifiable information from you only if you choose to provide this information to us. Access to certain Site pages and Services are not accessible without first creating an account (“Account”). We collect the following data about you when you register for an Account, fill out our contact form, or purchase a service (“Services”):
- Your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and password
- Credit Card and other payment information which is encrypted and kept on secure servers using secure socket layer technology (SSL)
- Transaction-related information
We use trusted third-party tools to analyze Site usage, monitor performance, and prevent fraud. We collect this information through online forms, clickstream tracking, cookies and automatic logging files. The information we collect is used:
- To offer the Services and customer assistance that you request;
- To provide access to an Account
- To resolve disputes, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- To enforce our terms and conditions for use, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- To personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on the Sites;
- To provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- To examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties.
Third parties may be placing and reading cookies on End Users’ browsers or using web beacons or similar technologies to collect information in connection with the Google Trusted Stores program. You may also control the cookie settings within your browser including blocking cookies. Remember, however, that some features or functions may not work properly if cookies are disabled.
We protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal information you send to the Site. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Payment information is process by a certified third-party service provider that is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
AAOA does not sell or rent any of your personal contact information or usage with any non-affiliated company or party except in connection with performing your background screen or in these limited circumstances:
We may share your information as outlined below:
- We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use a third party web client or application to access your Account
- We may provide your information to companies and subcontractors that help us with our business activities such as processing payments, offering customer service, or assisting in the background screening investigation.
- We may share or disclose your information with contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud or bill collection.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
AAOA will retain the information you provide to us for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
CORRECT AND UPDATE INFORMATION
We may use information we collect to contact you with transactional emails, customer surveys, reminders, promotions, legal notices, or other information that could affect our customers. AAOA’s customers may also update contact information and contact preferences by contacting AAOA staff through e-mail, or by logging into your AAOA Account.
If our policy on information collection or uses changes, this page will be updated.
THIRD PARTY LINKS