Events List Navigation
The tangible property regulations, under 263a, are extremely taxpayer friendly but every apartment owner must understand the basics to take advantage of these mandatory regulations.
You will learn:
1. How to structure invoices
2. How to forecast repairs
3. How to take advantage of the new Safe Harbors
By attending this session you will learn several strategies that will take advantage of these regulations and reduce your taxes!
With everything else property managers have on their plate, the collection of money owed by former tenants often ends up on the back burner. Join our webinar to learn more about what can be done when a tenant moves out leaving a balance owed to you.
Kelly Parsons-O’Brien, President of Pacific Credit Services will show you that through proper planning and documentation, navigating small claims courts or working with a collection agency is a great way to recover money that is rightly due to you and your owners. And it is not that hard (most times)!
1. When does the collection process start? At move in!
2. Collection laws to consider
3. Small claims court – It’s not that difficult (most times)
4. When to call in a professional? And what can they do?
Learn how to properly structure a tax-deferred exchange. Each of the important tax laws that affect acquisition, operation, recapture, and sale versus exchange will be covered in detail. Capitalize on the loopholes and avoid the traps.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- 1. Learn the basic requirements for conducting a 1031 Exchange: which properties qualify how to defer 100% of tax liability, timelines, and identification rules.
- 2. Understand how to avoid the loopholes and avoid IRS red flags!
- 3. Master advanced concepts for possible complete tax avoidance with strategies like converting a rental property into a primary residence.
- 4. Understand all of the taxes (capital gains, depreciation recapture and medicare taxes) involved in the disposition of commercial or investment property and which apply to your situation and income level.
Despite the fact that the state of California has now made it legal to use marijuana recreational for adults over the age of 21, there are several complications regarding marijuana use, production, and distribution.
In California, the rapid growth of the marijuana industry has made many people excited to consume, distribute, grow, and sell. However, there are substantial real estate considerations that all parties should be aware of. This discussion will highlight these potential legal pitfalls for marijuana.
Adam L. Pedersen is a senior partner and real estate attorney at Brewer Offord & Pedersen LLP. Pedersen brings over 8 years of experience being a relentless advocate for real estate brokers, landlords, property managers, and agents. Adam is a licensed California real estate broker. He focuses his practice on issues relating to real estate transactions, including non-disclosure disputes, agent responsibilities, close of escrow issues, and title disputes.
Ashlee D. Gonzales is a junior partner and real estate attorney at Brewer Offord & Pedersen LLP. Ashlee helps real estate investors, homeowners, landlords, agents, and brokers with issue relating to partition actions, unlawful detainers, duty of care, disclosures, and other real estate legal issues. Ashlee is the 2018 co-chair of the Palo Alto Area Bar Association (PAABA) real estate section, and frequently speaks to real estate groups.
The new TCJA gives owners of multi-family properties the ability to take bonus depreciation on newly purchased buildings as well as improvements to your rentals. Take advantage of this new tax law!
- 1. How to separate the class lives of each individual building component
- 2. Whether new or renovated to take advantage of 100% bonus depreciation,
- 3. Safe harbors from the tangible property regulations
Join the webinar to learn how to build an effective treatment protocol for bed bugs, the pro’s and con’s of using heat to treat for bed bugs and dispel the myth that excessive preparation is necessary to eliminate bed bugs.
- 1. The pros and cons of different types of treatment such as steamers, heat, encasements, monitors, and pesticides
- 2. How to implement a limited preparation model when treating for bed bugs
- 3. What to look for in a pest control vendor
Although the numbers of tenants who smoke have been decreasing, the new movement to legalize marijuana plus increased use of electronic cigarettes may result in more “drifting” smoke in apartment buildings.
Tenant surveys show that most apartment residents want to live in a smoke-free environment. Preparing units for prospective tenants is more expensive when units have been smoked in and third-hand smoke is almost impossible to remove. So what can landlords do?
Join the webinar to learn:
1. Suggestions for initiating a smoke-free policy for your buildings.
2. What to do when there are problems with tenant compliance.
3. Whether local laws regulating smoking can be helpful.
Please join us as we reveal how to utilize web analytics that will drive intelligent and predictable decision making around marketing strategies and result in profitable rent adjustments.
Your communities don’t need constant leads or long-term marketing contracts. Rather, they need qualified leads at the right time.
Learn to monitor and adjust your marketing and revenue strategies based on clear data, instead of observations or assumptions.
This webinar is for property managers and property management companies looking to grow their client base. Our speaker is Alex Osenenko, CEO of Fourandhalf, a marketing agency for property managers. He is serving his 5th year on the Board of Directors for CALNARPM and hosts “The Property Management Show” Podcast.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Know your business. Understand your purpose, your numbers, your KPIs, your culture and your ideal client, so you know who you need to attract in order to grow.
- Be transparent about your pricing so you attract those who have the budget for your services.
- Have a website that is easy to navigate, and is built to drive form-fills/conversions, and speaks to your ideal client.
- Invest in SEO, but be strategic about what keywords to rank for. Make sure the right people are finding you using those keywords.
- Have trained and skilled business development managers on-hand to answer questions and close the sale.