Events List Navigation
Insurance expert, Lauren Lieb, will break down common myths about insurance coverage and how it can and can’t help you during a pandemic. You’ll also learn what simple steps you can take to lower your insurance rates without sacrificing coverage. All landlords and property managers of multifamily or single family rentals are encouraged to attend!
You will learn:
- Whether your insurance company can help you if tenants aren’t paying rent
- Common misunderstandings about pandemic insurance
- Strategies you can use to lower your insurance rates no matter who your carrier is
- What underwriters consider when pricing your policy and how you can beat the system
- How to prepare better and make sure you’re covered for the next unexpected pandemic, natural disaster, or house accident
He will be reviewing the following topics:
- Real estate continuity planning is key for legacy and partners.
- How do I know I have my real estate structured properly?
- How do I keep out unwanted partners in real estate?
- How do I keep control of equity?
- What triggering events should we be aware of?
Get investing advice from an expert! Rick Gann, from 1031 Capital Solutions, will help you assess whether it’s time to sell your rental. He’ll provide replacement strategies designed to minimize taxes and ultimately change your life as a rental investor.
- Brief update on landlord regulations and legal liability
Disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on smaller rental properties
- New 1031 exchange rules
- Understanding your current yield-on-equity
- Importance of demographic investing
- Pros and Cons of different passive investment options
- Finding a replacement solution suitable for YOU
About the Speaker:
Richard (Rick) Gann is an attorney, licensed real-estate broker, general securities principal, and co-author of the book “How to Retire from Being a Landlord”. He brings 23 years of real estate investing and legal experience to help his clients achieve the life they want.
Learn the ins and outs of the statewide rent control that went into place on January 1, 2020. Attorney Steven Williams, partner at Fried & Willams LLP, will tell you everything you need to know to stay in compliance! This is a must-see for ALL California landlords.
You will learn:
- How the lease termination process has changed
- How to raise rent while staying in complaince with the new law
- Who this law applies to
- Notice you need to give your tenant about the law