Events List Navigation
Are you aware that the IRC Section 263(a) is the biggest tax change since 1986 and it is required for all commercial property owners to be in compliance or face stiff taxpayer penalties?
Attend this informative webinar where you will:
- Understand how the new tax laws can accelerate a deduction you are already taking
- Get the most immediate tax benefit from structural repairs
- Learn processes and simple strategies that you and your CPA can do together to save taxes
- Be introduced to a tax strategy used by every fortune 5000 company that applies to apartment buildings also
About the Speaker: Kevin Jerry is the Executive Vice President of Cost Segregation Services Incorporated (CSSI). He is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant on the subject of cost segregation and the Tangible Property Regulations – two tax saving strategies that all building owners should understand.
Do you want to get the most out of your membership? Join us this month as we cover AAOA’s features and opportunities for learning. This is a great way to get to know the association and network with other new members online.
You will learn how to:
- Order tenant screening reports efficiently
- Access landlord forms
- Get member exclusive discounts
- Learn about educational opportunities
Unfortunately, evictions – or unlawful detainer actions – are a form of recourse that apartment owners occasionally have to perform. California has some of the most tenant-friendly laws of any state in the country, and there are several legal pitfalls that owners and managers should be aware of, in order to prevent losses and future litigation. The real estate law firm Brewer Offord & Pedersen LLP is excited to be teaming up with the American Apartment Owners Association to present an informative webinar about evictions in California.
Attendees will hear from attorneys Ashlee D. Gonzales and Adam L. Pedersen, who will provide a detailed look at evictions, including:
- Meeting legal requirements for notice and service
- Handling hostile tenants
- Avoiding retaliation, harassment, and discrimination claims
- Responding to common tenant defenses to eviction
- Preparing for trial and obtaining post-trial relief
- And much more!
ARE YOU REQUIRED TO RENT TO A TENANT WITH A PIG?
Emotional support animal requests have become borderline absurd as of late, leaving landlords confused and vulnerable to law suits. We’ve invited Attorney/Author, Robert Friedman to provide updates on the latest laws and answer these frequently asked questions:
- What is the difference between a service animal, a therapy dog, a psychiatric service dog and an emotional support animal (ESA)?
- Does an ESA need specialized training?
- What exceptions are there to the law?
- What documentation may a landlord request from the tenant who needs an ESA?
- Can the landlord charge a pet security deposit or extra rent for an ESA?
- Can animals other than cats and dogs act as ESAs?
- How much are tenants being awarded for discrimination against ESAs?
- What special lease language should be used for ESAs?
- What laws protect the landlord if the tenant misrepresents the need for an ESA?