How should a landlord go about screening a tenant that is relocating from another country? Obviously there would be no credit, criminal, or eviction records in US databases for these individuals. AAOA has just implemented the perfect solution – access to international tenant screening reports. These reports will help you make an informed decision even when an applicant is relocating from another country or if an applicant has recently moved to the US. Order a credit, criminal, and/or civil report from literally any country in the world!
- 1. International credit reports can be accessed instantly, no tenant cooperation or underwriting needed (except for Canada, see below). Similar to US credit reports, you’ll have access to the tenant’s payment history, open trade lines, and bankruptcy history.
- 2. Criminal reports can be ordered for any country requested, and includes everything from minor traffic violations to major violent or fraudulent offenses.
- 3. Civil reports access any history related to law suits, including eviction suits in other countries. This report will help you see if an applicant has a habit of paying rent in a timely manner or if they’ve had any civil suits against them.
How to Order an International Report
- 1. Email or call us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call 866-579-2262 to get a quote and place an order.
- 2. Pay for the report: Once we receive your approval we’ll charge your card on file for the report. International credit, criminal, and civil reports start at $49.95. Each country imposes different fees for accessing their databases, so contact us for a quote.
- 3. Fax or email us a copy of the signed rental application: Fax us at 818-208-3680 or email to email@example.com.
- 4. Access the report: Reports are posted to your account as soon as they are ready. Several countries have as fast as 24 hour turnaround times for reports. However, some countries have slower turnaround times and may take up to 3 weeks to provide a report. Contact us to find out more about turnaround times in your requested country.
How to Order Canadian Credit Reports
Our most commonly requested international reports are Canadian. Unlike other international credit reports, Canadian credit reports are provided via Equifax and have an instant turnaround time. However, Equifax requires landlords to go through an underwriting process to access credit reports.
- 1. Email or call us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-579-2262 to get a quote and place an order.
- 2. Send us your required documents: These are the same as the required documents for US underwriting and are documents you should already have access to, like your driver’s license and rental agreements.
- 3. Schedule an on-site inspection of your office: Inspections cost $59. Residential offices must be inspected annually and commercial offices only need a one-time inspection.
- 4. Order instant Canadian credit reports at any time by simply logging into your AAOA account. Canadian credit reports are only $49.95.
Canadian civil reports:
- 1. Turnaround time ranges from 2-4 days.
- 2. Prices vary depending on the Canadian province requested. Prices start at $60 per civil report.
Canadian criminal reports:
- 1. Turnaround time ranges from 2-14 days.
- 2. Prices vary depending on the Canadian province requested. Prices start at $40 per civil report.