Oregon Tenant Screening Background Checks
An Oregon tenant screening is often something that landlords may require. It is not something that the law requires, but most landlords feel as though it gives them a better idea on who to accept for tenancy. These screenings are done to ensure that all tenants are in good enough standing to actually be responsible and well abiding tenants.
- The potential tenant pays for the exam screening.
- Some of the options for screening include:
- Criminal history background check
- Terrorist check
- Previous eviction record
- Past rental history
- Credit history
- History of fraud
- Sex offender check
- Tenants should be more than willing to accept this screening process.
- When tenants do not agree to the process, the landlord has the right to reject their application simply for refusing to do the screening.
- Likewise, tenants can be rejected due to the findings of their screening.
For more information, visit:
Oregon Landlord Tenant Laws
Oregon Landlord Forms
The American Apartment Owners Association provides tenant screening background checks nationwide. Looking for a tenant screening report in a state other than Oregon? Visit our tenant background checks page to learn more.