Louisiana Tenant Screening Background Checks
During the rental application process, oftentimes a landlord will require the tenant to complete a Louisiana tenant screening. It is a process which helps ensure that landlords get responsible tenants renting their units. There are some things to be aware of when it comes to tenant screening.
- If a landlord chooses to participate in the screening, tenants will be responsible for the screening fee. Landlords can’t charge more than the fee itself.
- Landlords can deny or reject tenancy requests based on the outcome of the screening; however they must inform the tenant in writing what information will cause them to reject the tenancy.
- If a tenant feels they have been rejected on the bases of discrimination rather than for a legitimate reason they can file a complaint or sue the landlord.
AAOA Offers the Best Louisiana Tenant Screening Background Checks!
Get tenant screening services now!
- Things that are checked most commonly during the screening process are:
- Criminal history (including sex offense, terrorism, felonies etc.)—this is to keep illegal activity from happening on the property.
- Credit check—they want to ensure the tenant’s responsible in money management and making payments.
- Previous renter history—they want to ensure the tenant has had a clean renting past.
- If a tenant is rejected for any reason, the reasons must be given to the tenant in writing.
For more information, visit:
Louisiana Landlord Tenant Laws
Louisiana Landlord Forms
The American Apartment Owners Association provides tenant screening background checks nationwide. Looking for a tenant screening report in a state other than Louisiana? Visit our tenant background checks page to learn more.