Learn how to properly structure a tax-deferred exchange. Each of the important tax laws that affect acquisition, operation, recapture, and sale versus exchange will be covered in detail. Capitalize on the loopholes and avoid the traps.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- 1. Learn the basic requirements for conducting a 1031 Exchange: which properties qualify how to defer 100% of tax liability, timelines, and identification rules.
- 2. Understand how to avoid the loopholes and avoid IRS red flags!
- 3. Master advanced concepts for possible complete tax avoidance with strategies like converting a rental property into a primary residence.
- 4. Understand all of the taxes (capital gains, depreciation recapture and medicare taxes) involved in the disposition of commercial or investment property and which apply to your situation and income level.
Despite the fact that the state of California has now made it legal to use marijuana recreational for adults over the age of 21, there are several complications regarding marijuana use, production, and distribution. In California, the rapid growth of the marijuana industry has made many people excited to consume, distribute, grow, and sell. However, there are substantial real estate considerations that all parties should be aware of. This discussion will highlight these potential legal pitfalls for marijuana.
The new TCJA gives owners of multi-family properties the ability to take bonus depreciation on newly purchased buildings as well as improvements to your rentals. Take advantage of this new tax law!
- 1. How to separate the class lives of each individual building component
- 2. Whether new or renovated to take advantage of 100% bonus depreciation,
- 3. Safe harbors from the tangible property regulations
Join the webinar to learn how to build an effective treatment protocol for bed bugs, the pro’s and con’s of using heat to treat for bed bugs and dispel the myth that excessive preparation is necessary to eliminate bed bugs.
- 1. The pros and cons of different types of treatment such as steamers, heat, encasements, monitors, and pesticides
- 2. How to implement a limited preparation model when treating for bed bugs
- 3. What to look for in a pest control vendor
Although the numbers of tenants who smoke have been decreasing, the new movement to legalize marijuana plus increased use of electronic cigarettes may result in more “drifting” smoke in apartment buildings. Tenant surveys show that most apartment residents want to live in a smoke-free environment. Preparing units for prospective tenants is more expensive when units have been smoked in and third-hand smoke is almost impossible to remove. So what can landlords do?
Copyright © 2004 - 2019 AAOA.com. All Rights Reserved.