Do you want to get the most out of your membership? Join us this month as we cover AAOA’s features and opportunities for learning. This is a great way to get to know the association and network with other new members online.
- Order tenant screening reports efficiently
- Access landlord forms
- Get member exclusive discounts
- Learn about educational opportunities
Even though you may doing a thorough background and credit check on potential tenants, are you asking the right questions? The interview process can be risky. Your questions could be misleading or unintentionally discriminatory, putting you at risk for a lawsuit. We’ll be sharing our insider knowledge on how to better handle this process.
- What questions you should NEVER ask
- How to properly reject an applicant
- The benefits of using a full-service property management company to handle this process for you
Animal accommodation requests are on the rise and it’s crucial that property managers are knowledgeable on this topic to avoid costly fair housing penalties. Moreover, many property managers have become frustrated with the ease in which residents can be “certified” for an emotional support animal. As it turns out, there are ways to push back on questionable requests. Our guest speaker, Abby Volin, President of Opening Doors, is a subject matter expert on animal accommodation requests and will be sharing her insight on developing thoughtful animal accommodation policies.
- A concise summary of the service and assistance animals regulations
- Tools for managing dubious requests and protecting your property
- Strategies to minimize risk of fair housing violations
- Ways to decrease animal accommodation requests
Learn key negotiation tips from Kathleen Kramer. In her 20+ years as a licensed Real Estate Broker and Mortgage Originator, she has closed over 2500 transactions totaling $1 billion in volume. She currently owns a multi-family and residential brokerage and mortgage company. Her team specializes in real estate investment and finance solutions for clients with complicated tax and entity structures, but comments she “will close the easy ones, too!
Copyright © 2004 - 2017 AAOA.com. All Rights Reserved.