The Legal Aspects of Filling a Vacancy in a Troubled Economy
Filling a rental vacancy has always had its risks, but now finding the right tenant is more important than ever. It’s harder to evict, the pool of qualified tenants is smaller, and new laws may be changing a landlord’s right to collect a security deposit and background data.
Tune in to learn:
- How to set non-discriminatory criteria to screen tenants affected by COVID-19
- Best practices for running credit and background checks
- New laws and trends landlords should be aware of regarding criminal records, eviction data, and security deposits
- How to legally decline a tenant for a rental
- How to use a security deposit alternative (like LeaseGuarantee) to meet new requirements and eliminate risk