Rent Control and Asset Protection – Don’t Get Blindsided, Protect Your Property and Other Assets
January 21, 2020 | 11:00 am PST | 2:00 pm EST
Join us for a class led by Attorneys Steve Williams, Partner at Fried & Williams LLP, and Brad Barth, Partner at BarthCalderon LLP.
Steve will share his expertise on rent control which may be coming to a city near you (if it hasn’t already). Brad will then incorporate how rent control affects your asset protection plan and what you can do to protect yourself from new and unforseen liabilities.
- Eviction control
- Eviction control exemptions
- Rent control
- Rent limitation exemptions
- Common LLC mistakes that lead to liability exposure
- Inside vs outside liability at your property
- Bulletproofing yourself from tenant lawsuits
- How your living trust integrates with your property
- How to prevent a property liability from attacking your other assets