Part Two: Coronavirus and Landlords QA with Attorneys
Nervous about the impact of Coronavirus on your rental business? Gain some clarity by hearing this extensive Q&A with legal experts: Brad Barth, Partner at BarthCalderon LLP and Steve Williams, Partner at Fried & Williams LLP.
Here are some of the questions answered in this webinar:
- What mortgage relief and other assistance can landlords claim?
- How can you yourself against new COVID-19 related lawsuits that may come your way?
- What potential liabilities can you expect related to this pandemic?
- How should you handle move-in screening and showings to reduce your liability but maintain safety?
- How should you communicate with tenants and keep your building safe?
- What should you do if your tenant cannot (or will not) pay rent?
- How and when can you terminate a lease?
- What documentation should you ask from your tenant to prove unemployment caused by COVID-19?
- How can you defer rental payments and what is the effect on your ability to collect later?
- What will happen to pending evictions?