CA Eviction Moratorium Update and How to Recover Rent Using Small Claims
The California eviction moratorium has been extended, but do you have a game plan for when the moratorium expires? Many California landlords will need to use small claims court to recover unpaid rent. Your tenant may even move out, but you are still entitled to recover your lost rent. The moratorium is not rent forgiveness.
California eviction attorney Steven Williams, partner at Fried & Williams LLP, will cover:
- Relevant updates to the new eviction moratorium and how it affects landlords
- The step-by-step method to prepare for small claims now
- How to use a rent deferral agreement and whether it’s right for you
- How to file and serve a small claims notice
- How to increase your chances of getting a monetary judgment in your favor
- When you should use an attorney
- And more!