Who you rent to can make the difference between owning an income-generating property or a money pit. But how do you choose? And what can you do to ensure you have the highest chance of renting to a quality tenant?
This webinar will take you through best practices for fair housing compliance, tenant screening, security deposits, lease signings, and the move-in process.
You’ll learn how to confidently rent your unit and minimize the risk involved with renting to a stranger.
In this 60-minute webinar Alexandra Alvarado, Director of Education at AAOA, will show you:
- How to ask rental applicants the right questions with fair housing compliance in mind
- How to identify red flags on a credit and background check you may be missing
- How to set smart criteria and create a tenant scoring system
- How to verify income, employment, and previous landlord references
- Which clauses you should consider adding to your lease agreement to reduce your liability
- How to handle guarantors, co-signers, and security deposits to reduce risk