To some apartment owners, social media is a powerful fad–the huge wave that you must ride while the tide is high. To others it is simply a buzzword and cannot replace other forms of marketing and communication. In reality, it lies somewhere in the middle. Social media can provide one of the best and most affordable marketing opportunities today and offers other benefits for your business as well. If you have not investigated the sites, you are falling behind in a quickly changing world. Consider these six reasons why you should be utilizing social media as part of your communications and marketing program.
- Advertising Vacant Units – Today, when people look for a place to rent, where do they turn? In many cases, it is social media. If you have a social media presence, you make it easier for you, your current tenants and others to share your vacant units with potential renters.
- Simple Communication – While Tweets and Facebook messages may not replace all your customer service communication, it does make it easy for your tenants to reach you with a simple question or comment.
- Build Your Brand – Creating a profile on the major social media sites is a big step to help you build and develop your brand. Not only does it offer another landing space on the web, these sites often offer review spaces and give you a legitimate feel.\
- Improve SEO – SEO (search engine optimization) is the key to getting your apartment to appear higher in the search engine rankings. Well-developed social media profiles are a big asset to your SEO.
- Gain Insights – Social media is an excellent way to find out what your tenants, and the public, thinks about your apartments. You will be able to track shares, comments and likes. This information is invaluable and can help you make changes that will help you grow—now and in the future.
- Everyone Else Is Doing It – Even if you don’t like the idea of social media, and want to ignore the sites, one simple fact is that your competition is taking advantage of this tool. If you are not on social media, you are giving your competition a leg up on you and you will miss out on opportunities.
When it comes to social media, the longer you wait, the more you risk losing. Social media, as a marketing and social tool, when done right, can lead to more traffic, more tenants and a better rapport with your renters, vendors and the community surrounding you. Don’t waste another day ignoring social media, it is not going away—take that first step and join the social media revolution.