Friday Murder Mystery Game
Our crime has been solved, thanks to your clever detective work. After months of watching in horror, Im afraid Louisa May finally snapped when Shawn refused to recycle, on Earth Day of all days!
Congratulations, Keith, on your winning guess.
Honorable Mention goes out to Clint for his astute (but unappetizing) guess. How did he know that the bosss wife is in fact from a small town in Switzerland where her family runs a famous restaurant. Coincidence? I wonder.
Thanks to Shawn and Louisa for playing along. No hard feelings, right guys?
(Note to self: Consider hiring a food taster.)
Last Tuesday, 22 April, received report that janitor found the body of AAOA tech support employee Shawn slumped in his chair in front of his computer. Co-workers interviewed reported that Shawn always looked like that when he was working so no one noticed that he was stone-cold dead. When officers arrived at 1900 hrs, the room had grown dark, but an officer noticed the light switch was on. The janitor told officers that he came into the room as he does every weekday to empty the trash can, but it is missing from the office. Janitor reports typical contents for this office trash can include: eight 6 oz. plastic water bottles, two empty cans Red Bull, newspaper sections typically folded origamically, as in a pirate’s hat configuration. Victim had typed out an interoffice email near the estimated time of death, but it appears to be in some kind of geek-speak that is of yet indiscernible. It has been forwarded to NASA for further analysis. Meanwhile, the only other lead at this time, aside from victim’s unexplained sticky fingers, is a trail of windows he left open on his computer screen. These are the last three pages he visited:
What was Shawn trying to tell us?
Be the first to guess correctly and win a $25 Gift Certificate (to your choice of Starbucks, Target, Office Max, Lowe’s or Home Depot.)
The correct answer MUST include:
WHY this crime was committed.
YOUR ANSWER MUST BE SPECIFIC. Details are everything when it comes to solving a crime.
BY COMMENTING BELOW, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE RULES
1. There can be only one winner per contest. Our winner is determined as the first person to guess the correct answer.
2. You must place guesses in the comments section of THIS blog entry. Do not call or email – it doesnt count.
3. Each comment can only contain one possible answer. You can comment any number of times.
4. We have designated the correct answer in advance. That is the only answer that will be accepted. Competing answers that fit some or all of the clues will not be considered. It is in the sole discretion of the blog editor to determine the winner.
5. You cannot cheat. If you cheat, you will be disqualified. Cheating is any device you come up with that gives you an unfair advantage over other participants. This includes, but is not limited to, loading your comments with piles of data that may also include the correct answer buried inside, like the phone book or city name directory, use of some superstatistical computer or program, any form of hacking, spying or other devious means. It is solely up to the discretion of the blog editor to determine if you cheated.
6. We must be able to mail you your prize. Once you have been identified as a winner, we will contact you via email to obtain your mailing address. If we cannot contact you, or you do not provide the address or other information required by law within thirty days of request, the prize will be forfeited. No other winner will be chosen.
7. If you knew the answer before this posting, or are an AAOA insider, you are disqualified.
8. If your guess gets caught in the spam filter, or is otherwise lost in Internet limbo, that guess is disqualified. Check the comment section to insure that your guess landed on the page.
9. This contest will terminate no later than thirty days from the date the last clue is posted.
10 This contest is void anywhere and under any circumstances that it is illegal.
11. This contest is terminated if computer or Internet glitches render it impossible.
American Apartment Owners Association offers discounts on products and services related to your commercial housing investment, including real estate forms, tenant debt collection, tenant background checks, insurance and financing. Find out more at www.joinaaoa.org.
To subscribe to our blog, click here.