Easy Ways for Landlords to Save Money with Low-Cost Energy Conservation Upgrades
Lower energy costs mean bigger profits. Whether your tenants pay their own bills, or you prorate the bill among tenants, lower utility bills attract tenants and increase occupancy rates.
Providing energy efficient units does not have to be expensive.
The ENERGY STAR Program offers these low-cost options:
- Install programmable thermostats
- Install occupancy sensors for common areas and offices
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent ones
- Install awnings, window shades or films to block summer sun
- Purchase ENERGY STAR office equipment, including computers, faxes, and copiers
- Caulk and weather-strip windows and doors
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets
Every step you take will generate savings, and combined, the savings grow.
To find out how energy-efficient landscaping can save you money, click here.
Share your green tips with other landlords. Post your comment below.
American Apartment Owners Association offers discounts on products and services related to your commercial housing investment, including tenant debt collection, tenant background checks, insurance and financing. Find out more at www.joinaaoa.org.